Our new annual review celebrates the power of our people and our inspired culture of challenge.create.care.
Today we are delighted to announce the launch of our annual review — a celebration of our people, our values and our commitment to sustainability.
Jean-Claude Carlin, Member of the Knauf Group Management Committee Insulation Europe/Middle East/Asia, said: “The global pandemic has put our people and our values of challenge.create.care. firmly in the spotlight this year.
“I am proud to say that from the beginning everyone at Knauf Insulation focused on what was really essential — caring for each other, our colleagues and our customers — and we have become stronger with every challenge we have faced.”
Our new annual review is a celebration of this spirit and the values that continue to inspire us. It is also a showcase for our new sustainability strategy ‘For A Better World’ — a public declaration of our long-term commitments — and our sustainability achievements of 2019.
Report sections focus on:
Navigating continuous challenges
- How we responded immediately to the challenge of the pandemic and continue to ensure everyone is As Safe As Home.
- How we have adapted to provide valued solutions to our customers and support our communities.
- The leadership lessons we learned from the crisis and how we maintain the success of our business.
Our plan to achieve our new sustainability goals
- Putting People First: how we are working towards our zero harm ambition and being a positive force to help our colleagues, our communities and our customers.
- Achieving Zero Carbon: how we are creating new solutions and building on the success of past achievements to reduce the embodied carbon of our products by 15% by 2025.
- Delivering A Circular Economy: how we are exploring new ways to recycle, reduce and reuse resources to ultimately send zero waste to landfill by 2025.
- Creating Better Buildings: how we are planning a new Eco-Design tool to improve environmental understanding of our products, developing new green solutions and helping drive the European Commission’s transformational Renovation Wave.
How we are reducing our environmental impact
- We continue to reduce our environmental impact per cubic metre of product despite our output increasing to record levels in the past decade. However, we know we have to increase our ambition. Our sustainability results from 2019 show how far we have come — whether it is cutting CO2 emissions by 23% since 2010 or reducing Lost Time accidents by 56% — and how far we need to go.