Our new strategy is defined by concrete clear goals for 2025 — in Knauf Insulation Technical Solutions we are looking forward to playing a key role in this new vision as well as helping our customers achieve their sustainable ambitions.
We are proud to announce the launch of our new sustainability strategy for Knauf Insulation — For A Better World
The exciting new strategy reveals our ambitions for the future and focuses on four key sustainable goals: Putting People First, Achieving Zero Carbon, Delivering A Circular Economy and Creating Better Buildings.
We are also here to help as the building industry changes and regulators become increasingly demanding in terms of environmental responsibility.
“Sustainability defines everything we do. Our products save energy, cut emissions and make buildings fit for the future. We have the experience and expertise to ensure all our customers achieve their sustainable ambitions.”
Our new strategy For A Better World builds on our sustainability successes of the past decade. From 2010 to 2019 we have cut our energy consumption and emissions by 23%; reduced our Lost Time Accident rate by 56% and cut our landfill waste by 67%.
Commenting on the launch of the new strategy our Group CEO, Jean-Claude Carlin, said: “We have made long-term commitments to show how we will achieve each sustainable goal. But we have also set concrete short-term targets for 2025 that everyone must start achieving now. It is vital the current leadership is accountable for progressing towards our long-term vision and not leave the problem to the next generation.”
Our company-wide concrete targets for 2025 include:
• reducing our safety Total Recordable Incident Rate from 9.2 to five
• reducing the embodied carbon of our products by 15%
• investing 10% of our general capital expenditure in the new projects to reduce emissions or landfill waste
• cutting the carbon footprint of our offices and through business travel by 25%
• reducing virgin plastic packaging by more than 25%
• using more than 25% of external recycled material by 2025 in our Rock Mineral Wool and more than 65% recycled material in our Glass Mineral Wool
• sending zero production waste to landfill
To see the full details of our For A Better World sustainability strategy visit - For A Better World